Gearing up for an awesome pie post! Started with an easy, pretty much fat free, graham cracker pie crust. The best part is there is no butter included - the crust is assembled with non-fat plain yogurt - worked great!
Adapted from this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used reduced fat cinnamon graham crackers for a little added sweetness)
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Between two sheets of wax paper, place a few full graham crackers and crush with a rolling pin until sufficiently crumbled. Continue until you get about 1.5 cups' worth (about 8 full graham cracker sheets)
- Once the graham crackers are crushed, put them in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in the cocoa powder, yogurt and sugar until sufficiently mixed into a ball.
- Coat a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and evenly spread the graham cracker mixture on the bottom and sides of the pan. I used waxed paper to help.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool before adding desired pie fillings.
At 8 servings per pie:
- 66 calories
- .8 grams of fat
- .7 grams of fiber
At 16 servings per pie:
- 33 calories
- .4 grams of fat
- .3 grams of fiber